Monday, July 13, 2009

SPRING IN MY GARDEN












SUNFLOWER

I have planted a seed
of a sunflower
an early spring this year
watered the soil
on regular basis
So he could graciously grow
the summer passes already
my sunflower was slow.

In the beginning of October
his head hanging down low
I was very sorry for my lovely plant
because for the growth season
was to short
I love those plants a lot!

The Mother Nature won the race
killing my sweet sunflower at her best
I am sad seeing him standing still
in the middle of my garden.

He had no chance to show
the beauty of his blooms
sad I am for my plant
winter is coming soon.

I have admired his struggle
to beat the time and win the race
but it was not meant that way
sad looking plant and me too
feeling sorry for him
I missed the sunny face in bloom.

By Zuzanna

© 2008 Zuzanna (All rights reserved)

No comments: