Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A TRUE STORY










LONELY MAN

I saw him sitting by the window
In a hospital ward one day
I stopped to say,''Hello''
His face was focused and sad

I looked at him and tried to find
What was on his mind that day?
He looked at me and smiled
His face and eyes lightened up

I was not going to ask anything
Just to keep him company
And after a minute of silence
He began to tell the story's

It happened that all of a sudden
He lost his love, best friend-his wife
She was the sunshine of his life
They loved each other deeply

She suddenly died one night
Leaving his heart broken, sad and blue
I single tear in the corner in his eye
Touched me, listening the story of his life

I knew how precious his wife was to him
A lonely man in his eighties now
I saw him broken with a shattered heart
He was the resident in that ward now

I sat with him longer and did not want to leave
His story touched me deeply my heart bled...
This, the story of a lonely man who wanted to die
Loosing the only love of his life-his dearest wife

March-2009
By Zuzanna

© 2009 Zuzanna (All rights reserved)

2 comments:

stephen tea said...

truly a touching piece. may you continue to be who you are ...

Zuzanna Musial said...

Dear Stephen Tea

Yes, it is a true story from the past while working with seniors.
Like I wrote, stopped to say "hello" –
(He was in my exercise group and I knew him by his face.
However, did not know what was in his mind until that day.)

I was distraught and heart broken seeing this man cry.
Wrote this because, the picture of this man stays with me forever,
not able to forget his loss.

Thank you for your time to read and comment.

Zuzanna Musial