Tuesday, May 26, 2009

THE WARRIOR - CLEOPATRA
















CLEOPATRA

Cleopatra was special
Her time of reign...
She was witty and wise
Brilliant and devoted
To her country
The country of Egypt.

During an ancient time
Ruled the land...
the Pyramids
Were landmarks?
Great mathematician,
Good business acumen
A warrior woman...

Those ancient times-Woman
Was rare being smart?
Brilliant personality, Astonishing
The Pharaoh Woman-
And the last Monarch,
of the Egyptian land.


By Zuzanna
© 2007 Zuzanna (All rights reserved)

2 comments:

Robin Easton said...

This is lovely about Cleopatra. When you think how long ago this was, in a world ruled by men, and she was such a powerful woman in so many many ways. It took great courage to be who she was in a world gear toward men. Even today women fight or equal rights and freedom. She was way ahead of her time. Beautiful poem and loved the posts on Egypt. So much to learn there that I did not know. Beautiful place rich with culture and art that I hope to one day see. This magical what you have done here. Thank you my dear friend. You are not only wise but highly intelligent. :D :D Hugs, Robin

Zuzanna Musial said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! It is a great joy for me to hear what others think of my work. Takes time to study and understand the Ancient Egypt. In addition, do not know why I have the feelings that I want to be there...My name is from there…. (Zuzanna means Lotus a Lily flower) Quite often, I think there is a huge relation, connection of energy to what I experience about this Ancient time and place.

Cleopatra is my Idol. She was an inspiring woman as well as a warrior. She was wise and great mathematician. For the time when man, in many ways, ruled the World still as of today...The History amazes… Glad you like my creative side...And thank you for the wonderful compliment! :D:D Hugs, Zuzanna