Saturday, May 30, 2009

MYSTICAL TREE













TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE

The tree has been
always associated
with life.
Life and regeneration
of all times.

To primitive man
The tree was the main aspect
Of many sources.
From
Shelter to Food
Heat from the fire,
And clothing from the bark.
The tree been used
To make tools.

Often
It served as Weapons!
A little wonder that
The tree evolved so much
The Pagan believes
Were that tree
Was the Incarnation.
Kings, Queens, Emissaries
And Priests
Carried
The branches of sacred trees,
Which became a symbol that
The barrier was an emissary
of Gods himself.

The symbolism of that
Was most common In Europe.
People practiced
Special tribute to the trees.
In the lore and Mythology,
Trees became very special indeed.
Trees are the Symbols of Life.

Can you tell me why we love Trees?

By Zuzanna
© 2007 Zuzanna (All rights reserved)

8 comments:

STEPHEN TEA said...

thanks for your comment on my blog: one always wonders if one is being read. JOYCE KILMER: "I think that I shall never see/a poem as lovely as a tree."

STEPHEN TEA said...

i grew up in the shade of the tree of YGGDRASIL (q.v.)

Zuzanna Musial said...

Stephen Tea

I will read your Blog.
We just met... Smile:)

I love your pages...Zuzanna

Zuzanna Musial said...

Hello, Stephen Tea

That is so well written, almost poetic...I think our life depends on Trees...There is so much connection of a human life to a life of a TREE...Thank you so much for taking the time to read my writes.

Sincerely,
Zuzanna Musial

Walter said...

because they are huge and come busting out of the ground in fractal repeating expanding pattern. I heard the Germanic tribes used to consider them sacred and would not cut them down.

Zuzanna Musial said...

Hello Walter

Thank you for the feedback about the Tree in German Culture. I believe, it has deep roots in Pagan Mythology where the trees were consider Sacred.

The TREE to me, is very special.

Sincerely,
Zuzanna Musial

Kate Smedley said...

That's beautiful Zuzanna, you should share more of your old poems.

Zuzanna Musial said...

Dear Kate,

Thank you so much for the lovely comment!

I have some older poems that never been posted here, perhaps I shall start sharing them...It has been a long time since I wrote one...Have been somehow a difficult year for me and it is hard to gather thoughts to be creative. Maybe in a New Year it will be much better…Wishing you Blessed Christmas and the best in a New Year!!

Love, Zuzanna